Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bad Films Usually Have a Lot of Trees

After humiliating myself in a chess tournament this afternoon (0.5 - 2.5), I flung myself on the couch and turned on the TV. Sunday Night Baseball was on, and while that would normally occupy my attention, I deemed it too intellectual for my fried brain. Instead, the movie "Meatballs", starring Bill Murray, was just starting.

What a mistake.

I watched the entire film, realizing about 15 minutes in that I had seen it a few years ago, and thought it was pretty bad then, but deciding to give it another chance. The only thing that I got out of it is that Bill Murray is a fine actor. And that 1979 has some pretty bad clothing fashion.

Is there a worse film ever made? I didn't laugh, nor did I crack a smile. I sat there stone-faced, wondering how such a load of crap could ever be made. Then, I realized that, there was a worse film, the horrible and tasteless "The Emerald Forest", my pick for the worst film ever.

Both films have a lot of trees in them. Are trees bad?

No comments: